Land Use Board
The Land Use Board is responsible for:
- Reviewing proposed site plans prior to issuance of building permits (not for one- or two-family homes)
- Reviewing proposed subdivisions of land
- Hearing and deciding requests from property owners for variances from the Borough's zoning regulations
Contact the Building Department at 973-627-8035 for information regarding the application process.
Land Use Board Secretary
Phone Number: 973-627-2000
hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Land Use Board meets in the Community Center, 21-25 Union St. at 7:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month for regular meetings and the fourth Monday of the month for workshop meetings. Click here for meeting schedule.
Minutes and Agendas
The Land Use Board consists of nine members as follows:
- Class I: The mayor or the mayor's designee in the absence of the mayor.
- Class II: One of the officials of the municipality other than a member of the Governing Body, to be appointed by the mayor.
- Class III: A member of the Borough Council to be appointed by it.
- Class IV: Other citizens of the municipality, to be appointed by the mayor.
- Four alternate members.
|Banbor, Kenneth||Class IV||4-yr||12/31/20|
|Blair, Kenneth||Class IV (Chairman)||4-yr||12/31/23|
|Freiermuth, Joyce||Class IV||3-yr||12/31/20|
|Greuter, Russell||Class III||1-yr||12/31/20|
|Hamman, Ron||Alternate #2||2-yr||12/31/21|
|Hopler, William||Class II||1-yr||12/31/20|
|Howarth, Mark||Class IV||4-yr||12-31-23|
|Koch, Barbara||Alternate #3||2-yr||12/31/20|
|Leonard, Janet||Alternate #1||2-yr||12/31/21|
|Maulbeck, Joseph||Class IV||4-yr||12/31/22|
|Mulligan, Thomas||Class I (Mayor)||4-yr||12/31/24|
|Rose, Kim||Class IV||4-yr||12/31/20|
Land Use notices will be posted on the News and Announcements page.
Forms and Applications
Land Use forms and applications are posted on the Applications and Forms page.